Push Legal Services.


The Student visa is designed for foreign students who wish to study in the UK. To be eligible for a Student visa, you need to meet certain requirements and accumulate at least 70 points on the UK’s points-based immigration system. These points are awarded based on factors such as having an offer from a licensed education institution, English language proficiency, and financial capability.

If you have questions or need assistance with your Student visa application, you can contact us at 0333 0124 253 for help and guidance. We can provide advice, help you understand the requirements, and assist you in preparing and submitting your application correctly.

To apply for a UK Student Visa, you need to meet specific requirements and accumulate at least 70 points through the points-based system. Here’s a summary of the key requirements:

  1. You must have received an unconditional offer of study from an approved sponsoring institution.
  2. You must have obtained a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) from your sponsoring institution.
  3. To meet the 70-point requirement, you need to score the following points:

   – 50 points for having a CAS.

   – 10 points for meeting the financial requirements.

   – 10 points for demonstrating your English language proficiency at level B2 according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).

  1. You should have the necessary academic qualifications required for your chosen course and genuinely intend to study in the UK.
  2. You must be able to financially support yourself in the UK and any family members or dependents who will be joining you.

Meeting these requirements is essential for a successful Student Visa application. It’s important to note that EEA nationals and non-EEA nationals are both subject to these requirements in the post-Brexit environment. If you meet these criteria, you can proceed with your Student Visa application to study in the UK.

To meet the course requirements for a UK Student Visa, your course must comply with the rules of the Student Visa. Here are the eligible course types for the Student Visa:

  1. Full-Time Course Leading to a Qualification at Below Degree Level (RQF level 3, 4, or 5):

   – The course should consist of at least 15 hours of organized daytime study per week.

  1. Full-Time Course Leading to a Qualification at Degree Level or Above (RQF level 6, 7, or 8).
  2. Full-Time Course at Degree Level or Above (RQF level 6, 7, or 8) Equivalent to a UK Higher Education Course Delivered as Part of an Overseas Course.
  3. Part-Time Course Leading to a Qualification Above Degree Level (RQF level 7 or above).
  4. A Recognized Foundation Programme for Postgraduate Doctors or Dentists.
  5. An English Language Course at Level B2, as set by the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).

Regarding the English language requirement, the level required depends on the level of your chosen course:

– Those studying below degree level (RQF level 3, 4, or 5) need to demonstrate a level of B1.

– Those studying at degree level or above (RQF level 6, 7, or 8) must have a B2 level.

To demonstrate your English language proficiency, you can take a Secure English Language Test (SELT) at one of the approved test centers worldwide. The four approved SELT test providers are Trinity College London, IELTS SELT Consortium, Language Cert, and Pearson Education Ltd.

However, there are exemptions from the English language requirement:

  1. If you have already studied a course in English at undergraduate or postgraduate level at an approved educational provider.
  2. If you have previously proven the required level of English in another visa application.
  3. If you are applying to come to the UK for a study abroad program as part of a university degree course in the USA.
  4. Nationals of majority English-speaking countries are also exempt from this requirement.

These countries include Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, the Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Canada, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Ireland, Jamaica, Malta, New Zealand, St Kitts and Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago, the UK, and the USA.

Contact Us For More Information

Fill out the form below to receive a confidential initial consultation.

Contact Us For More Informtion

Fill out the form below to receive a confidential initial consultation.

Frequently Asked Questions

As of January 2024, international students studying in the UK will have certain restrictions when it comes to bringing their dependents with them. Here are the conditions under which you can bring your dependents:

  1. You can bring dependents if you are a government-sponsored student starting a course that lasts 6 months or longer.
  2. You can also bring dependents if you are enrolled in a postgraduate course designated as a research program that lasts 9 months or longer. Eligible postgraduate programs include PhD’s and other doctoral qualifications, as well as master’s programs with a research component that includes a requirement to produce original work.

However, international students who do not fall into either of these categories will not be eligible to bring their dependents with them to the UK. This restriction applies to all international students starting courses in the UK from January 1, 2024, onward.

It’s important to note that any time spent in the UK under the student route (including the Tier 4 General Visa) does not count towards the minimum UK residency requirements for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) and British citizenship.

However, if international students remain in the UK under the Graduate Visa or apply for a work visa after completing their studies, they will start accruing time towards the minimum UK residency requirements for ILR and British citizenship from that point onward. Time spent under these visa categories will contribute to your overall period of lawful residence in the UK, which is a crucial factor for ILR and citizenship applications.

Yes, it is possible to work in the UK under a Student Visa. International students can work for a maximum of 20 hours per week during term time, and there are no restrictions on the number of hours you can work during university vacations. You can also engage in volunteer work without any restrictions.

However, there are certain types of employment that you cannot undertake on a Student Visa, including:

  1. You are not allowed to be self-employed or start your own business while on a Student Visa.
  2. You cannot operate a business or participate in business activities, including establishing or running a company.
  3. You are not permitted to work full-time in a permanent job while studying on a Student Visa.
  4. This includes working as a professional athlete or sports coach, whether it’s paid or unpaid.
  5. You cannot work as an entertainer, whether paid or unpaid, while on a Student Visa.
  6. Unless you are on a foundation programme, you cannot work as a doctor or dentist in training while on a Student Visa.

It’s essential to adhere to these employment restrictions to maintain your legal status in the UK as a student. Breaking these rules could lead to visa issues or jeopardize your studies in the UK.

The PLS (Push Legal Services) provides assistance and expert advice to international students who are applying for a Student Visa to study in the UK. We have experience in helping prospective international students navigate the Student Visa application process and offer a range of services to make the application smoother. These services include:

  1. Ensuring you have all the necessary documentation for your application.
  2. Confirming that your chosen university or institution is eligible to act as your UK sponsor.
  3. Contacting your Tier 4 Sponsor and facilitating communication with them.
  4. Assisting in obtaining your Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) from your university.
  5. Preparing a Letter of Representation to accompany your application. This letter provides details about your case and references relevant UK immigration laws to support your application.
  6. Corresponding with the Home Office until your application is complete.
  7. Filling out and assembling your application form with the required documents to the highest standard.

Whether you are an international student applying to study in the UK or a UK-based student looking to study abroad, PLS can provide guidance and support to help you navigate the immigration and visa process. If you have questions or need assistance with your application, you can contact us through our phone number at 0333 0124 253 or use our online form to start the process of studying in the UK.